What We Are Doing to Keep Us All Safe
To keep us all safe, the Library & ASC have protocols in place. If you plan to visit us, please note:
- All students, faculty, and staff must wear a mask at all times in the Library, in the ASC, and on campus. In-person service will be denied to persons not wearing a mask. Free disposable or reusable masks are available at the door. Online services will be arranged for students who cannot wear a mask.
- The Library & ASC are operating at reduced capacity and are observing social distancing. The number of computers and study spots are greatly reduced. An appointment is recommended.
- You must check in at the front desk when you arrive. You may be asked for your College email address, a photo ID, and confirmation of passing the College's Daily Health Assessment.
- You will be instructed & provided supplies to disinfect your space.
- If you need to use a model, gloves will be provided.
- You may check out books or DVDs. Please follow the Library's procedures and do not browse extensively. Grab & Go pickup service is encouraged.
- Magazines, periodicals, and newspapers will not be displayed for browsing.
- Group instruction, workshops, and events will be held online. Individual assistance is available in-person or online.
- All returned material and material that was handled by patrons in the library will be isolated for 3 - 8 days before being handled by staff and reshelved depending on the material type in keeping with findings from the REALM Project.
- There will be a delay of at least 4 days from the time you place material in the drop-box to the time that material is then handled by staff, checked-in, and removed from your account.
- The Library does not charge daily overdue fines and your access to services will not be impacted due to recently overdue items. (If you have material that was 6 weeks overdue before March 13, 2020, that obligation is already on your record. Contact your campus Library for details.)