Skip to main content
SJR State Library

Collegiate High School & Dual Enrollment Students: Library Services & Resources: UBorrow & ILL

UBorrow & ILL

SJR State students, faculty, and staff may request books or articles from other libraries through inter-library loan (ILL).

The UBorrow feature in the statewide catalog let's you request material from any public college or university in Florida. See below for instructions. If you need further assistance, please contact a librarian at any SJR State campus.

Requesting Books from Florida Colleges or UniversitiesUsing theStatewide Catalog and UBorrow
Once you have exhausted the materials SJR State owns, try searching the system of FL’s academic libraries by clicking UBorrow at the top of the screen or the Search Other FL Academic Libraries link at the bottom left.
Search as you would the SJR State Library Catalog.   Once you find the item you are looking for, click the UBORROW icon.
Make sure the book and pickup information are correct.
This confirmation screen should appear. If it doesn’t or you aren’t sure if the request went in, check My Account. When using Inter-library Loan (ILL), allow time for the books to arrive. Most requests arrive in about 2 weeks but it can take longer. ILL is best utilized earlier in the semester than later. With that in mind, if you are assigned a paper that is due in 2 weeks, ILL may not be the best option.
Screen shot of My Account. Once in My Account, you can see what you have checked out, any requests you made for SJR State Library items, and any Inter-library Loan requests. Click on a number to view your activity for that category
Click to renew or to request a renewal.

Requesting a Book or Article from a Library Anywhere in the World

worldcat logo​WorldCat Discovery is a tool that searches the holdings of public, private, and academic libraries in town, across the state, and around the world. You must be logged in to use WorldCat. If you find an item in WorldCat you would like to borrow via ILL, email the record to yourself - you will need to provide this information to a librarian who will then place the request for you.